The European Hockey Federation (EHF), the governing body of hockey in Europe is looking for a Director General to direct the office of the EHF in Brussels.
The EHF, on behalf of and in co-operation with its members, organises indoor and outdoor, men and women, senior, junior (U21) and youth tournaments, both Nations and Clubs throughout the continent of Europe and is looking to hire a Director General.
The Director General will direct the office of the EHF in Brussels; he/she will be responsible for maintaining contacts with all member organisations, preparing and executing policies. In particular, the Director General will oversee and initiate the scheduling and planning of the tournaments, monitor and control the budgets and ensure that the events are organised within the guidelines and rules as laid down by the EHF.
The EHF is governed by an Executive Board of elected members, which meets five times per year, including an annual General Assembly. The Director General will report to the Executive Board, with the President as the primary contact.
The EHF now seeks to get in touch with highly qualified candidates for this exciting and highly influential position in one of the fastest growing team sports.
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Academic qualifications, preferably in management.
• Working with and reporting to an Executive Board.
• Leadership and management experience; has held end responsibility for a medium sized operation.
• Experience in policy development, project management, financial planning & control, fundraising and commercial development, sports administration either at local or international level. Experience in corporate governance and dealing with professional bodies and institutions at an international level.
• Fluency in English and preferably a good knowledge of French.
• (Pro active) leadership, influencing and strong interpersonal skills involving negotiation between volunteers, elected officers and professional staff.
• Prepared to travel extensively.
• Conceptual and problem solving capabilities.
• Effective in dealing with our Member National Associations in a respectful and transparent manner.
• Strong planning, operational and managerial skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for hockey.
How to apply?
Please apply with full career and salary details no later than Monday 7th of May by e-mail to:
Marijke Fleuren, President of the European Hockey Federation