The ASOIF General Assembly will vote to elect three Council Members during its upcoming annual meeting, to be held on 7 May 2019 in Gold Coast, Australia.
The ASOIF Council is composed of a President and six Members, all from different International Federations and elected for 4-year mandates. Tasks of the Council include to prepare, conduct and manage the General Assembly as well as to implement the decisions and resolutions taken by it. Click here to learn more about the Council and its current composition.
Three positions in the Council will become vacant as the current mandates of Marisol Casado (ITU) and José Perurena (ICF) are coming to an end, both are standing for re-election, in addition to that of the former FIBA Secretary General Patrick Baumann who tragically passed away during the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires in October last year.
In accordance with the ASOIF Statutes, ASOIF received the following seven candidatures from their respective IFs by the nomination deadline of 22 April 2019 (listed in alphabetical order):
- Kim Anderson, World Sailing (WS);
- Marisol Casado, International Triathlon Union (ITU);
- Ingmar De Vos, International Equestrian Federation (FEI);
- Vladimir Lisin, International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF);
- José Perurena, International Canoe Federation (ICF);
- Jean-Christophe Rolland, World Rowing (FISA); and
- Morinari Watanabe, International Gymnastics Federation (FIG).
The 2019 ASOIF General Assembly will be livestreamed on YouTube.