The AOMSG was set up in 2012 due to ASOIF’s increased role in connection with the Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games including issue-tracking and closer work with the IOC in all Games aspects as well as bid evaluation. This evolution has necessitated better organisation, use of technology and support from the members in terms of expertise.
Furthermore, the increase in number of members who administrate the Paralympic side of their sports and ASOIF’s role in connection with the Commonwealth Games necessitate a better coordination among and more expert input from the members.
This small expert group is led by Kelly Fairweather, Chief Executive Officer, International Tennis Federation (ITF).
Members of the group are:
- Hilary Atkinson, Pro League and Olympic Games Director, International Hockey Federation (FIH)
- Nicolas Buompane, Secretary General, International Gymnastics Federation (FIG)
- Tom Dielen, Secretary General, World Archery
- Larisa Kiss, International Relations Manager, International Judo Federation (IJF)
- Jérôme Meyer, President Advisor, International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC)
- Catrin Norinder, Director of Eventing & Olympic Games, International Equestrian Federation (FEI)
- Antony Scanlon, Executive Director, International Golf Federation (IGF)