ASOIF is pleased to announce the 11th edition of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award.
The International category of the award is open only to the Summer Olympic International Federations and is designed to celebrate and encourage any initiatives, projects or programs that contributed to Empowering Tolerance or Knowledge Management in sport.
Creative initiative on Tolerance in Sports: A sports initiative aimed at respecting and protecting human rights through the following components:
- Combating Racism
- Combating Blind Fanaticism
- Promoting Sportsmanship
Creative initiative on Knowledge Management in the Sports Field: It is a sports initiative aimed at spreading and transferring knowledge in innovative ways as well as building an effective knowledge environment that enhances and provides global communities with knowledge and culture to ensure a better and sustainable future of knowledge and culture through the following elements:
- Implementing motivational management systems to enhance knowledge creation
- Promoting knowledge exchange for best sports practices
- Contribution to the feeding system of the sports competitive economy
ASOIF members can submit their entry for the award, with each submission examined in relation to the award criteria by a group of referees appointed by the award’s Board of Trustees. The winning International Federation will be presented with a US$ 250,000 cash prize to support its development projects and programs.
Applications for the 11th Creative Sports Award are now opened.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Award has been postponed for one year. The revised application deadline is 15 September 2021. The results will be announced on 22 November 2021. For more details please click here.
To visit official website please click here.
The Award reflects the thoughts and philosophy of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. The idea behind the Award is to honor Individuals, Teams and Organizations with the significant contributions to the sport’s movement and thus encouraging them to realize yet further creative achievements promoting sports, not only in UAE , Arab world but also worldwide.
OBJECTIVES OF THE AWARD
- To support and highlight the leading creative efforts of Individuals, Teams, Sports Organizations developing and enhancing sports creativity in all specializations, sectors and levels.
- To encourage athletes and persons working in the field of sports all over the world to achieve sports creativity through the spiritual and financial support.
- To develop sports works by supporting creative initiatives based on scientific grounds to achieve the objectives.
- To shed light on the concept of creativity and innovation in the field of sports, and raise awareness about the importance of sponsoring distinguished creative works and persons.
CATEGORIES OF THE AWARD
The Award is divided into three main categories, each based on a specific aspect in order to identify the nature of the accomplishments that are subject to Award competition as follows:
|Individual Creative |
This award is granted to players, coaches, referees and administrators who achieve sportive innovations on local, Arab and international level.
|Team Creative |
This Award is granted to sport teams having accomplished sportive innovations on local, Arab and international level.
This award is bestowed upon sports entities having achieved sportive innovations on the local, Arab and international level.
THE MAIN AWARDS
● The best local athlete
● The best local referee
● The best local administrator
● The best local coach
● The best local team
● The best initiative at a local organization.
● The best Arab athlete
● The best Arab referee
● The best Arab administrator
● The best Arab Coach
● The best Arab team
● The best initiative at an Arab organization
● The best initiative for the International Summer Olympic Federations and National Paralympic Committees.