The GTF was created in November 2015, following an ASOIF Council decision and discussions about governance at the IF Forum earlier that month. Mandated with helping international federations to promote and ensure a culture of good governance within their structures, the group is chaired by Francesco Ricci Bitti, President of ASOIF and SportAccord Convention.
Members of the group are:
- Patrick Baumann (FIBA Secretary General, IOC Member and ASOIF Council Member),
- Jean-Loup Chappelet (Prof. at IDHEAP Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration at the University of Lausanne)
- Benjamin Cohen (Director, European Regional Office and International Federation Relations, WADA),
- Paquerette Girard Zapelli, (Chief Ethics and Compliance Office, IOC),
- Luis Fernando Lima (FIVB Secretary General),
- Alexander McLin (Executive Director, ASA – Swiss Arbitration Association),
- Denis Oswald (FISA Honorary President, IOC Member and CIES Director),
- Andrew Ryan (ASOIF Executive Director),
- Ingmar de Vos (FEI President)
Since its creation, the Taskforce developed a full set of governance principles and indicators tailored to the specific characteristics and needs of sport organisations. This new mechanism will help to jointly evaluate the current status of each Summer Olympic International Federation and regularly monitor progress.